Sunday, May 08, 2005

Remote-gdb/ld/gas/elf/loading

Today the weather was well-dodgy, but interesting to observe. The rain clouds were coming and leaving one by one and it was sunny/raining in every 10 minutes or so.

I havent finished with the vector handlers. But I'm sure its not that hard once I get the big picture of everything. I set up my E7T. Compiled a few things and tried gdb in cmdline mode. I'd never tried it by commands and I should have already done it long ago. I also read a bit on memory remapping/layout in E7T, ld command switches to get a flat binary - the csdos article on flat binaries was really useful. I should have already learned the elf format and become a binutils expert, so reading on relocation and ld scripts was a good start. The plan is now to do a bit of reading on ld scripts, elf, crt0 etc. Also gas syntax, gcc constraining on inline assembler. Bill Gatliff knows everything I would want to know practically on this embedded stuff, and his website articles have the very overlapping subject headings with my learning intentions, but unfortunately they're just headings, and all are incomplete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home