Monday, December 11, 2006

First syscall working

I got the first sample system call working, and can switch back and forth between user/supervisor spaces. I'm glad that it works; the assembler glue logic was making me worry long time ago, but it's no big deal really. Things that seem hard to achieve get easy to implement when you investigate them for a while. I could even say driving some devices like usb host controllers correctly is harder than getting a processor going. You are writing software after all, and can follow with the debugger.

I slept for half an hour after work, and caught myself snor multiple times. Man, I was in real deep sleep although only for about half an hour. When you wake up its like you are reborn. From today onwards, I also eat lightly. What was that ice-cream, lamb, ice-cream combo, yesterday. Although with one hour inbetween each meal I was gonna get real sick after the half glass of rum in the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home