Sunday, May 21, 2006

Goddamn it!

3 minutes ago I have found the problem why root task would give a memory abort when accessing the utcb. I cannot believe how much time I spent looking for why this would occur. I've been checking the page table setup for the last two weeks and was about to give up. Damn it, everything was OK! I forgot to disable vector catching in the debugger, and ta™! it just works now. The bit that I overlooked was page faults are sometimes legitimate. Now, what I have: Sigma0, roottask and idle thread are started, (at least that's what the printfs say) also I am getting some repetitive spurious irqs but that's ok, the irq code is not debugged. Now, todo:
1) Fix irq handlers, timer operations.
2) Make sure scheduling is healthy.
3) Also make sure hello task is operational, printing some messages.
4) Add some driver tasks. (KMI, CLCD and a userspace UART driver would be the priorities)
5) I must investigate further on memory management and memory offsets, tcbs etc.
6) Send patches back to the community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home