Saturday, March 04, 2006

today's blog

After I've done the last post, I had a quick glance at things I wrote earlier. I think I enjoyed reading what I wrote previously, it's nice to see what I've been up to, since one tends to forget things quite quickly. So here we go: one other thing I did today was to get my microphone to work. The bloody thing wasn't working, I think I believed that it didn't work, and so it did not. I come to this conclusion because I was really sceptical about the new cable I had received before christmas. I tried it and it wasn't giving any sound. The guitar was just fine, and I recorded some stuff with that. Then today I took the cable, mic and the sound card to digital village. They tried the mic, and it was just fine. Then I got back home, I turned the phantom power on (don't know why they have that buzzy name for that) and it just worked. and not just worked, aber es war fantastisch! the sounds (vocal + guitar) is so detailed and clear, that you love to record almost the sound of anything. Your breathing, typing on the keyboard, everything sounds good. So I did some recordings. But unfortunately when you play back, it doesn't sound as good as it sounded during the recording. It actually sounds quite dull, than what it sounds real-time. I asked this on cakewalk mailing list, hopefully didn't sound too much of a newbie and will get a reply. One more thing, today I cooked bulgur rice, first time in my life, and it tasted quite good I must say. Man, I'm good at cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home