Monday, July 25, 2005

holiday

I was on holiday for two weeks. First week with parents, second with good old friends. With my good old parents, we went to Gocek, a great bay with a marina in south of Turkey. It lies in Fethiye, a larger bay with many treasures of nature. It was fantastic. We had two boat trips in Dalyan and Gocek, both were of great pleasure. I think I'm gonna fly direct to Dalaman from Cambridge and back for my next vacation.

The second week I spent fooling around with mates in Istanbul. Istanbul is a great city to spend time with your mates. Pubs, cafe's, the wonderful bosphorus and the everlasting sunshine... Turkey is a dream country.

I spent some time reading a project management book using the PRINCE2 standards used in the British government. Its simply the brit way of doing project management. I've gone half way through that. I think project management is quite important in the sense that defining what to do, for how long, why and with whom is just the key to success in getting something done, no matter what. Now that getting something done, and not just done but well done is quite important, project management is a must.

I've also realised and understood fairly well that one can't simply do large things by his bare hands. You have to know a lot, manage, and direct in order to achieve results. I should think about working this way on my projects, and convince people to help, no matter whether by hiring or just by attracting to work voluntarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home